Ryan started CrossFit in October of 2015. It's been amazing to watch his transformation... He's been not only taking classes but has become part of our CFIV Family!
Keep up the great work, Ryan, we are very proud of you... You need to start competing soon!!!
1. Tell us about yourself (your name, what do you do for work, etc)
Ryan Andrew Herron
I am an agency process specialist with Allstate Insurance. Think of it as an agency consultant. My job is to fix whatever is wrong in an agent's office and book of business.
2. What made you start CrossFit and why do you keep doing it?
I was unhealthy, and huffed and puffed just from walking up a flight of stairs. I've lost close family and friends of mine to heart disease, and that scares the hell out of me.
3. What were your thoughts after your 1st WOD?
I threw up in the trash can... I thought, "Man, this is awful!"
4. What do you enjoy most about CrossFit?
The fact that I can meet my goals, and meet quality people in the box while having fun at the same time.
5. What is your proudest CrossFit moment?
When I did my first strict handstand pushup.
6. What is your favorite movement/lift?
Running and back squats.
7. What is your least favorite movement/lift?
Double unders and the snatch. I am still trying to get those down.
8. What are your CrossFit goals? How close are you to achieving those goals?
I would like to compete. Competing with just yourself takes you only so far.
9. In your own words, what makes CrossFit different from other fitness programs that you’ve tried in the past?
I used to work out sporadically at 24 Hour Sport, and had no consistency. The CrossFit regimen provides accountability, solid coaching, and good camaraderie amongst the members.
10. What impact has CrossFit Inland Valley had on your life, in and out of the gym?
I have lost 35 pounds. I feel physically and mentally stronger, have more stamina, and am hooked on CrossFit!
11. What is your diet like? How has it changed since you started CrossFit?
My diet used to consist of DQ blizzards, chipotle burritos, and other processed foods. Now, I stick to a strict protein, carbs and fats meal plan. Eggs, blueberries, avocados, and almonds are my go-to.
12. If you could create a WOD, what would it look like?
1 Mile Mud Run
50 Box Jumps
35 Back Squats
50 Wall Balls
1 Mile Mud Run
(No time cap of course!)
13. What advice do you have for others about the importance of physical and/or the importance of the dedication to taking care of yourself?
It is easy to bust out some pushups and sit-ups. But it is not easy to create a lifestyle change when it comes to food.
14. What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit or thinking of giving a try?
Give it a go! The coaches have your back, and are here to help you. Scalable options are always available for your workout. We've all scaled before!
15. Please add anything else…
The CFIV family is unlike anything else.