Anabel has been part of our CFIV Family since March/2015. She's been doing amazing... Getting stronger everyday. She will be competing at the Reindeer Games in December with 2 other great CFIV Athletes.
Keep up the great work, Anabel, we are very proud of you and we can't wait to see what the future holds for you in CrossFit.
1. Tell us about yourself (your name, what do you do for work, etc):
Hi I am Anabel Parra, I am a preschool teacher, proud mom of three children 😊 19, 14 and 9 yrs old. I decided to work at home I open a family child care and I provide care for 11 children 😧 and yes! I really enjoy my job.
2. What made you start CrossFit and why do you keep doing it?
My big brother started practicing Crossfit in Mexico 🇲🇽 and told me about it. With the power of advertisements once I saw Justus's truck on a stop light and that's how I got the info. From the "Gym". That same day I went to ask for info aboutt Crossfit And the next day I was enrolled in a boot camp. After boot camp I knew this was what I really was looking for, something more challenging than the traditional.
I keep doing Crossfit because it makes me feel connected to myself. Every time I come to work out I have that kind of scared feeling but I end the workout feeling proud of myself because there is always a new challenge for me. Specially waking up early In the morning to start my day.
3. What were your thoughts after your first WOD?
I felt kind of scared 😳 because I knew that I didn't have any experience before with barbells and if I say that, it means 0 never in my 39 yrs. a year ago, have use any barbell or kettle bell, etc. All this was brand new for me.
4. What do you enjoy most about CrossFit?
Positive environment it makes me feel more confident
5. What is your proudest CrossFit moment?
My proudest moment my First Competition Jaja (I was soooo new in Crossfit) it was so crazy for me, I really didn't know what decision I made. Jaja
6. What is your favorite movement/lift?
My favorites are wall balls and Thrusters.
7. What is your least favorite movement/lift?
There is no least fav. Movement for me but the most difficult is the Snatch. That's the one that I put less effort to do. :(
8. What are your CrossFit goals? How close are you to achieving those goals?
My Goal is to be intermediate level from here to the Open. But my immediate one is to be able to make 10 straight pull ups I am 6 pull ups away from it.
And 10 straight T2B I am 7 away from it.
9. What’s your thought when people make comments like: “Women that do CrossFit look like men.”
Don't be intimidated by Girls Power.😉
10. What impact has CrossFit Inland Valley had on your life, in and out of the gym?
It completed my whole self is My battlefield. Crossfit for me is been a Blessing I have a 19yrs. Old Daughter and by joining this sports is the way I can show to her that anything in life is possible with determination and putting a little bit of effort every single day we can accomplish as much as we want to. Finally I found one way to demonstrate to my children how The Intangible becomes visible.
11. What advice do you have for others about the importance of physical and/or the importance of the dedication to taking care of yourself?
To me it is important to live in harmony keep a spiritual and mental balance. One of the best ways to keep myself motivated, happy and living in peace is working out weather in the Box or just taking a walk wherever I can. So don't focus only on the physical factor but focus on the complete package.
12. What is your diet like? How has it changed since you started CrossFit?
It wasn't easy but I've been following the nutrition poster you guys have on the wall 😊 next to the whiteboard. It helped me a lot even though I eat every two hrs. ja!
13. If you could create a WOD, what would it look like?
I don't know I think it would be to target endurance
Rowing for cal., Wall balls, burpees.
14. What advice would you give to someone new to CrossFit or thinking of giving a try?
Just Do it !!!!