Tim is one of our newest family members, he started taking classes in September and the changes have been amazing! He has so much dedication and he is here pushing himself almost everyday. That's how you see results... No excuses!
Keep up the great work, Tim, you are doing great and we are very proud of you!
1. Name: Tim Holder
2. Do you have a nickname?
No not really. I have a few names my friends call me but I won't tell you. ;)
3. What did you think when you first heard of CrossFit?
I knew it was difficult and challenging but I knew it would get me in shape. I was nervous about whether or not I could do it.
4. What made you look for a CrossFit Box?
I was feeling out of shape and sick all the time. I wanted more energy and mental clarity.
5. How did you hear about CrossFit Inland Valley?
I looked on the internet and on Yelp. I saw that CFIV had really good ratings and it was close to my house.
6. How many times a week do you usually workout?
7. What was your thought after your first WOD?
I thought I was going to die and I damn near puked but it still felt good.
8. It’s been amazing to watch you improve and get stronger every day, is nutrition a big part of it?
I've only recently begun looking at nutrition closer so it's hard to say. I found that following a Zone Diet approach has been beneficial but I'm hoping to learn more about nutrition at CFIV's next nutrition session. Since doing the zone diet for the past two weeks though I've felt less tired and more energetic.
9. What’s your favorite movement or lift?
Pretty much anything involving barbells.
10. What’s your favorite WOD?
My favorite WOD so far has got to be the Zombie Halloween WOD.
11. What’s your least favorite movement or lift?
12. What’s your most feared WOD? Have you done it or not yet?
After doing the Thanksgiving WOD it's that one; definitely, for sure. Well that and maybe Karen.
13. You brought your son to workout with you. Do you guys compete against each other? Or do you push each other?
We don't compete but I know he's watching and always asking my times. I know he's secretly comparing his to mine. I don't want to push him too far but I want him to work to his potential. I think CF is definitely going to up his Lacrosse game.
14. What impact has CrossFit Inland Valley had to your life, in and out of the gym?
I feel better about myself and I look forward to going everyday. People have started to notice my physical progress and that's been great. My goal is to get more of my friends
15. Did you play or still play any other sports?
I was a football player before and during high school as well as a track athlete. I've always loved the outdoors and have done a lot of mountaineering, mountain biking, and backpacking.
16. What can you tell someone new that feels very intimidated about taking a CrossFit class?
You can do it. Anyone can do it if you set your mind to it. It's not about beating the other people at the gym but working at your potential and pace. You're essential competing against your own body and mind. It's about setting goals and always trying to improve through each WOD and each movement.