Amy and her kiddos have been part of our Family since November 2015. She definitely puts in the time and effort, showing us that getting pregnant and having a baby are not excuses to stop doing what you love. We are very proud of you Amy! Keep up the great work!!!!
1) Name or Nickname:
Amy. My friends back home call me Roo or Amyroo.
2) What are your hobbies?
I enjoy going to antique stores/flea markets, repurposing furniture, camping, mountain biking, and Crossfit.
3) What brought you to CFIV?
A coach from another Crossfit I was going to switched to CFIV and loved it so I did a week of drop ins and never looked back. This place is so wonderful!
4) What makes you keep coming back?
The family/community atmosphere. I've met some wonderful people and the coaches are so helpful. We all give each other support especially in those times we need it most and you won't find that at any other gym.
5) What’s your favorite WOD or movement?
Deadlift has to be my favorite movement because that is my strongest lift. I also really like squat cleans.
6) What’s your least favorite WOD or movement?
Burpees... I flipping hate them.
7) Have you set any CrossFit goals? If so, could you share it with us?
I have a lot of Crossfit goals but there are a few I want to hit by January 1, 2018. I'd like to get a pull up, bar dip, and toes to bar. Pressure is on now that I made this public!
9) Did you workout or play any sports before starting CrossFit?
I did Crossfit style work outs in a regular gym but of course I was doing it all wrong without the coaching we get at Crossfit.
10) Do you have anything to say to someone who’s intimidated to start taking CrossFit Classes?
Just show up! Every move can be scaled to your individual needs and no one will judge you for scaling. You won't find the support you get from the coaches and members anywhere else! You won't ever regret walking through those doors!
11) What’s your favorite kind of music?
Country and rock.