I met Kim for the first time back in 2015, she came to the gym, did one drop-in and never came back. She kind of hurt my feelings... (LOL JK). A year ago she came back to stay, and boy, didn't she stay!!!!!! I can't even make her take a day off! HAHAHA Kim, we are all so proud of you and the athlete you are becoming. Keep up the great work... we love you!
1. Do you have a nickname?
I’ve had a few over the years, but in an attempt to keep this PG, I’ll leave you with my derby name, Bones.
2. How long have you been “CrossFitting” and how long have you been part of the CFIV Family?
I was first introduced to CrossFit back in 2013 when I was living in North Carolina, but only trained for a few short months before I had to stop due to an injury. Fast forward to 2017, I walked through the door at CFIV last August and I haven’t looked back since.
3. What makes you come back for more every day?
The community, I absolutely love my box family!
The EYE CANDY (sorry Nigel haha)
That amazing feeling I get after pushing myself past that little red line.
4. Favorite WOD:
Cowboy Up was a really fun one
5. Favorite Movement/Lift:
Anyone who knows me knows the answer to this one...DEADLIFTS!!!
6.Least favorite WOD:
7.Least favorite Movement/Lift:
the dreaded squat snatch
8. Did you play any sports or did you workout before you started CrossFit?
In my adult life I played Roller Derby and I strength trained
9. Do you have any CrossFit goals?
I would eventually like to coach after I learn more about the sport.
10. You recently competed for the first time, do you plan on participating of comps moving forward?
YOU KNOW IT! It was such a rush and more fun than I could have ever imagined. I’m HOOKED!
11. If you could program a WOD for yourself, what would it be and what would you call it?
Ohh good question! A 30 min Deadlift and GHD sit-up emom sounds like fun!! Odd min: 5 deadlifts. Even min: 10 GHD sit-ups. Must add weight for each round of deadlifts. Final score is the heaviest weight lifted. A fitting name would be “Deads til I’m Ded”
12. Do you have anything to say to someone who’s intimated to start taking CrossFit classes?
The hardest part is walking in the door for the first time, after that, it’s all gravy baby. Best step I’ve ever taken was through CFIV’s front door to sign up.
13. What’s your favorite kind of music to workout to?
Totally depends on what the WOD is! For heavy lifting, I like hard rock, heavy metal or old school rap like Biggie and WuTang (east coast baby). Quick intense WODS need something with a fast tempo like electronica or pop. And fun team WODS need DJ Christina and that Latin flavored dance music! Choosing a proper soundtrack is an art form.
Thank you so much for choosing me as the athlete of the month. I’m humbled and honored. I love my box 🤭 XoXoXo